If you are interested in obtaining some pressed media to distribute at an event or Local User Group (LUG), please make a request on the new FAmNA Resource Request tracker.Â (Special thanks to Jon Stanley). Make sure to include the following information (at minimum):
- Name and Address
- The number of LiveCDs you’d like
- Currently, we only have 32-bit LiveCDs.Â The order has been placed for 32-bit and 64-bit install media, delivery is expected around mid-January.Â When this media arrives, I will announce the availability.
- A short explanation of your request and how it might promote Fedora
- Phone Number (optional)
- How you would like the shipped (Choose Ground unless you can justify faster shipping)
- Your region (shown as component)
- Do Not assign the task to anyone, it is automatically assigned to the correct person based upon region.
Check your email, you shouldÂ receive a confirmation of the ticket, a great way to track progress.
If you are interested in who is getting your request, you may wish to head on over to the North America regional list: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors/NA/Regions.
In addition, at the upcoming FUDCon, we’ll be building an AmbassadorKit.Â The AmbassadorKit is designed to be a small package delivered to any Fedora contributor who wishes to spread Fedora.Â The AmbassadorKit will include the following (at minimum):
- Between 10 and 20 bits of Media (LiveCDs, DVDs)
- A display box for holding media
- One or Two Fedora t-shirts
- A few sheets of Fedora Stickers
- Fedora Buttons
Other items can be included in the AmbassadorKit, such as:
- Fedora Temporary Tattoos (while supplies last)
- Fedora LiveUSBs (in the future, or if some sponsor would like to donate them hint hint)
- Anything else you can think of that would be useful for promoting Fedora.
Once the AmbassadorKits are designed and can easily be built and delivered, we will add them to the FAmNA Resource Request tracker so they can also be requested.
I look forward to delivering massive amounts of media over the next few months to those who need it.