SLLUG Daytime: Git this Wednesday!Mon, Jan 11, 2010
Just so you are aware, we are holding the SLLUG Daytime Meeting this month.
As usual, come from 11:30am-1pm at BetaLoftSLC (357 W 200 S #201) – http://betaloftslc.com
This month, I thought I would share a basic git introduction. In my opinion, the best Source Control Management (SCM) system out right now. I’ve been using it for nigh on a year and I have converted a few systems over to it from svn. This is more of a work session than a presentation, so come on down and learn how to use git. It is recommended that you bring your laptops with you as that will benefit more if you do.
Some suggested topics I can cover:
- Local and remote git repositories (different workflows and other fun stuff)
- Using git-svn to ‘convert’ from svn
- Comparing Distributed Revision Control with Traditional (non-distributed) Revision Control
- Git hooks, why they are valuable and when to use them
- Other basic git discussions
See you all there.